COVID-19 Re-Opening Info:
1. Reservations for inside dining can be made online or simply by walking up. Patio seating is walk-up reservation only.
2. Brunch items are available Saturday and Sunday from 12pm-3pm.
3. Live music has not started yet, stay tuned for details.
4. For now, to-go orders must be placed in person in the restaurant. We will be launching online to-go ordering soon, so stay tuned.
5. Indoor parking is available, click here for details.
6. Review our health and safety information here.
Welcome to the Aster Cafe.
The Aster Cafe is located under the trees on the prettiest street in Minneapolis. Overlooking the mighty Mississippi river and the skyline of the city, the Aster is a candle-lit restaurant-bar with a sweet European patio. Live music, great brunches, craft beers and cocktails, and a thoughtful wine list add up to City Pages calling us the “best place to go on a first date”. Our menu is fresh (no deep fryers!) and inventive. We also have lovely spaces for events and weddings, which you can check out by contacting our Event Goddess. So get down here!
Monday-Friday: 4pm to Close
Saturday-Sunday: 12pm to Close
Vikings Sundays: 11am to Close
Take a 3D Tour:
LIVE MUSIC & EVENTS
Live music at the Aster.
The Aster presents live music most nights of the year, ranging from national acoustic acts to the best local artists and showcases.
Interested in performing at the Aster?
Please fill out our booking form.
A beautiful venue for private events.
If you want a romantic wedding space with a team that will strive to make your day memorable, let’s talk! We can host your ceremony, reception, bridal dinner, champagne brunch, even your in-laws.
We also have facilities for corporate meetings and gatherings – your boss will think you are a hip cat for hosting an event down in such a unique spot right on the river. Contact our event team, let’s get the ball rolling!
The Aster is located in St. Anthony Main at 125 SE Main Street in Minneapolis.
Ramp parking is recommended because it’s convenient & inexpensive. Enter ramp off 2nd Street SE & 2nd Avenue SE.
For bands/music inquiries, please contact us by filling out our booking form. Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, we may not be able to respond to every request.